TRAINING ON EFFECTIVE INSTITUTIONAL BRANDING
Type of Resource
- Understand basic concepts about institutional branding.
- Understand the strategic implications of effective branding.
- Gain skills on how to create a brand and position it in the market and how to sustain it in the long-term.
- Appreciate the need for branding identity and positioning in the market.
- Learn more about brand rejuvenation and turn around and brand transfer.
- What is a brand
- The concept of brand equity
- Difference between brand assets, strength, and value
- Tracking brand equity
- Comparing brand equity profiles
- How brands create value for the customer
- How brands create value for the company
- Corporate reputation and the brand
- Reputation focus vs brand focus
- Brand act as a genetic programme
- The product and the brand
- Halo effect: Kernel and Peripheral Values
- Advertising products through brand prism
- Brand vs other signs of quality
- Obstacles to the implementation of branding
- Brand activation vs brand activism
- Adapting to new market realities
- Brand identity
- Identity and Positioning
- Need for brand identity and positioning
- Six facets of brand identity
- Sources of identity
- Building an inspiring brand platform
- What is wrong with the current brand platforms
- What should one expect from brand platform
- Brand platform and product lines
- Difference between launching a brand and launching a product
- Defining the brands platform
- Choosing a name for a strong brand
- Economics of brand positioning
- Building brand awareness
- Growth through existing customers
- Line extensions: necessity and limits
- Growth through innovation
- Factors of success for innovation today
- Managing fragmented markets
- Growth through cross-selling brands
- Growth through internalization
- Brand life cycle
- Resisting low cost revolution
- Investing in media communication
- Facing hard-discount competition
- Suppressing unnecessary costs
- Fighting value destruction through innovation and education
- Brand equity vs Customer equity
- Brands and products: Integration and Differentiation
- Specialist brands and generalist brands
- Building brands through coherence
- The three layers of a brand
- How each brand builds the Masterbrand
- Why are brand extensions necessary?
- Building brand through systematic extensions
- Identifying potential extensions
- Economics of brand extensions
- Avoiding the risks of dilution
- Balancing identity and adaptation to the extension market segments
- Keys to successful brand extensions
- Key questions of a brand architecture
- Type of brands
- The main types of brand architecture
- Choosing appropriate branding strategy
- Corporate branding
- Corporate brands and product brands
- Why rationalize portfolios
- Single vs multiple brands
- The benefit of multiple entries to a market
- Linking brand portfolio to corporate strategy
- Portfolio management- allocating investments equivalent to the brand potential
- Brand transfer vs name change
- Reasons for brand transfers
- Challenges of brand transfers
- Transferring a service brand
- The decay of brand equity
- Factors of decline and deletion
- When a brand becomes generic
- Preventing a brand from ageing and deletion
- Revitalizing and old brand
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more:
- The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, Nairobi Kenya.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
- Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to:
Developed by / Author
Start Date: 01/07/2019 End Date: 12/07/2019 for 10 days
Employees from the marketing departments and managers and senior staff members who want to learn about branding in order to create a competitive advantage for their institution.
Like what you just read? Share it with others! Tweet this page