STRATEGIC PROJECT DESIGN AND MANAGEMENT TRAINING
Type of Resource
- Explain their expectations for successful projects and develop means of implementing them through improved planning, communication, and project monitoring.
- Describe tools and methods that can be used to better understand the community they serve.
- Work through the steps of project planning, develop a potential project for their community, and learn a process they can replicate with their communities.
- Develop a plan for how they will apply the skills and knowledge learned in the course to their jobs and share them with others.
- Project versus Process
- Project Characteristics
- Historical overview of project management
- Project management and process management
- Project Management vs. General Management
- Functional Organization
- Production Organization
- Matrix Organization
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Pure Matrix Form of Organization
- Modified Matrix Structures
- Pure Matrix Organization Structure
- Project Organization and Responsibilities
- Selection of Project Organization Structure
- Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
- Project Kick-Off Meeting
- Project Scope Management
- Activity Resource Estimating
- Project Time Management
- Cost of the Project
- Components of Capital Cost of a Project
- Order of Magnitude Estimate
- Project Scheduling
- Scheduling Techniques
- Developing a Project Network
- Plan Activity-On-Node Network techniques
- Time Calculations
- The Project Control Process
- Performance Indicators
- Project Monitoring, Evaluation and Control
- Why Risk Management is Important to a Project
- Benefits of using Project Risk Analysis and Management
- When to use Project Risk Analysis and Management
- Who should do Project Risk Analysis and Management?
- Techniques and Methods for Project Risk and Management
- Project Documentation and Audit
- Project Termination and Closure
- Celebrating and Thanking
- Assessment of Project Management in Participants’ Organization
- Final Examination
- Participants Evaluation of Course/Feedback
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more:
- The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, Nairobi Kenya.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
- Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to:
Developed by / Author
Start Date: 01/07/2019 End Date: 12/07/2019 for 10 days
The training is meant for project managers, government officials, CBO operatives, NGO employees, UN Staff and anyone involved in project management activities
Like what you just read? Share it with others! Tweet this page