The UNESCO Internal Oversight Service (IOS) is seeking a consultant to undertake work for a performance audit of the UNESCO Communication and Information (CI) Sector. The performance audit is jointly managed by the Audit and Evaluation Offices of IOS and led by a team of UNESCO audit and evaluation experts. It will apply both audit and evaluation approaches and methodologies.
The performance audit has the following objectives:
- Assess the relevance, coherence, effectiveness and efficiency of UNESCO’s CI Sector;
- Understand what works, why, and what requires improvement to better position the CI Sector
- Analyse the role and performance of the two intergovernmental programmes IFAP and IPDC
- Analyse success stories/ cases and low performing cases for sector-wide learning
- Provide forward-looking recommendations for the future strategic direction and positioning of the sector
The consultant is expected to possess a minimum of seven years of professional experience in audit and/ or evaluation. Further details including the TOR can be found here on the UNEG website.
Please send Expressions of Interest to Refiloe Mohapi firstname.lastname@example.org at IOS with the following:
- Technical Proposal consisting of latest CV and brief outline (max 2 pages) on proposed approach and methodology and comments on the TOR if any
- Financial proposal / expectation on daily fees
The deadline for application is 30 July 2021. Please share further with interested colleagues.